Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fresh flowers -something I can´t live without


Plumeria flowers- I love them for their beautiful fragrance
 
I love the sight and the smell of fresh flowers. The feeling of arriving home, open the door and be welcomened by a largebeautiful boquet is sensational. I don´t think it is a coincidence that many of the large fashion houses like Chanel, Dior, Ralph Lauren to name a few often have beautiful flower arrangements in their botiques. It makes us customers happier and possibly more keen to buy. And why not reward yourself with this luxury at home? Myself I am thinking of starting to book a new boquet every friday afternoon from my local florist. Then I can enjoy the flowers the whole weekend and also some days into the following week.

I like to choose the look of the boquet myself at least until I have found the right person that can create boquets in ”my style” and who knows what I want. I like large beautiful boquets with many white and cream coloured flowers as well as flowers in other light colours and lots of green beautiful leaves.

Some floral shops are a little bit depressing to visit, they show boquets consisting of tired flowers in strange colour combinations. It is als sad when you meet florists that are not interested or are un capable to understand what you as a customer want. This have happened to me, recently just a few weeks ago. I asked for lots of white roses combined with nice greenery- I got five white roses and a lot of thorny very ugly bush like leaves. Although the boquet contained lots of green it was hardly beautiful.
 
I celebrate florists who knows style and elegance and knows the flowers they are working with and how they are best combined with other flowers and leaves. The ones that are interested in giving the customer what he or she wants and dont hesitate to go that extra mile to get a happy customer who most definitively will come back. You are many out there but we need more of you. Maybe you who read this blog can give some recommendations of nice florists around the world? Then we will have a list to turn to the next time we look for flowers.

A truly inspiring floral designer I would like to recommend is preston Bailey. He is a New York based event and wedding designer with clients like Donald and Melania Trumph, Oprah Winfrey and Joan Rivers. His homepage is stunning and I always become happy when I visit it.

Annelie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers